Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mecca.

For the past year or so, I've been taking advantage of the sort-of-secret sales at the J.Crew Warehouse in Lynchburg, Virginia (2 hours west of Richmond). Not to be confused with Factory Stores or outlets, the Warehouse (or Factory Warehouse) sales are more like giant sample sales with returns from online orders mixed in - 70-80% of the items are in like-new condition, but be advised that there are a number of items with missing sequins/beads, snags, holes, or other defects.

Today I scored some INSANE deals at the Warehouse's big fall sale, so I thought I'd share :) All images c/o J.Crew except if otherwise noted.



1. J.Crew Crushed Glitter Sandals: 

Original: $265
Current Price (online): $80
I paid: $40







2. J.Crew Bi-Stretch Wool Minnie Pant (Black):

Original: $98
I paid: $15





3. J.Crew New Cafe Capri in Wool (Bright Dahlia):

Original: $118
I paid: $15

A Note About Fit: These gorgeous pants fit one size small in my experience. I'm an avid J.Crew fan & regularly fit into their size 4 pant; I bought a size 2 at the sale and planned on selling them on Ebay, but tried them on out of curiosity & they fit! I've been trying to lose a few pounds lately, so it's slightly possible that I'm legitimately a size smaller (but I am almost entirely certain that 3 weeks of sporadic gym sessions and a handful of veggies twice a day has not caused me to drop a size). Anyway, try these in a size smaller than you usually wear. I suspect J.Crew is subtly trying to tell us that shelling out the equivalent of 23 lattes (or a shiny new pair of Hunter wellies, or a cashmere sweater, or 2 tanks of gas in my car) makes us magically skinnier.


Image Courtesy of Polyvore

4. J.Crew Jackie Cardigan (Bright Yellow):

Original: $62 (no longer available online in this color)
I paid: $20






5. Madewell  Sparkle Bow Tee: (image to be posted soon)

Original: Unknown
I paid: $8

 ---

For the Boys:
Although the primary focus of this blog is women's style and shopping, I thought I'd also share what my brother picked out as well as some finds I picked up for my boyfriend.

My brother scored:
  • Merino Wool Fisherman's Sweater - $20
  • Ludlow Italian Wool Sportcoat, Black - $25
  • Printed Swim Trunks - $10
  • White Raffia Fedora - $5
  • Khaki Chino Pants - $15
  • Argyle Dress Socks - $2
And for my boyfriend:
  • Merino Wool Cardigan, Navy - $20
  • Gray Chino Pants - $15
  • Khaki Chino Pants - $15

Has anyone else shopped the Warehouse sale before? Please feel free to share any fabulous finds! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous of the $15 deals you scored! I would have made the trek if I had more notice, but they always announce the dates at the last minute.
    Enjoy those Bright dahlia capris. I have the pencil skirt in that color and really regret not getting the pants too. I thought that would just be overkill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think the Warehouse's pricing is a little irrational- $15 for wool pants and $25 for blazers (yay!), but then $15 for shorts and $40 for heels (which were stuffed in boxes, most as single shoes & not rubber-banded together as pairs).

    And how about that Bright Dahlia color? I think it's just so perfect - punchy and bright without being too "Legally Blonde."

    ReplyDelete